Cervical cancer screening resources aimed at addressing mental health disparities
Support for women service users with severe mental illness to access screening
- Leaflet and video explain what women can expect during a smear test, as well as advice on how to prepare for it
- Cancer mortality rate is 30% higher in people experiencing serious mental health conditions than in the general population
- Community mental health and enhanced primary care teams report significant benefits since the leaflet’s launch in autumn 2019
A new cervical cancer resource to support women with serious mental health issues access screening has been successful across a range of services.
The leaflet, Support Available for Your Cervical Screening (Smear...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests