Effective communication with younger patients: tips and tricks
Nurses are an important point of contact for children and young people during treatment. We look at ways to engage with them and ensure they understand their care
- Nurses play a unique role in communicating and building rapport with younger patients
- Advice on using language and technology to empower younger patients and make sure they are at the centre of their healthcare journey
- How use of alternative, more visual ways of communicating and technology such as WhatsApp can facilitate better communication with children
Good communication in healthcare can reduce costs, improve health outcomes and enhance the quality of a patient’s experience, according to research by the charity Marie Curie .
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests