Safe staffing in England and Northern Ireland should be enshrined in law
Vulnerable people accessing NHS services may experience greater problems than the rest of the population due to inadequate staffing levels
Safe staffing – or enough nursing staff with the right skills and knowledge, in the right place, at the right time – is a legislative issue being championed by the RCN.
With inadequate staffing levels comes the risk that vulnerable people accessing NHS services may experience a greater array of problems than the rest of the population.
Nurses uphold safe standards of ethical practice
As emergency nurses, we take responsibility to uphold safe standards of ethical practice; work within the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code ; and lodge our dissatisfaction at not being able to provide for our patients...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests