Learning disabilities: what primary care nurses need to know
Many practice nurses say they lack the skills to care for people with learning disabilities, new guidance seeks to offer support and address health inequalities
A majority of general practice nurses told an RCN survey that they felt they do not have the knowledge and skills to meet the needs of patients with a learning disability.
In response to this, the RCN general practice nursing (GPN) forum and the
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests