Mental health and well-being: nurse’s initiative helps rugby players tackle their issues
Combining a love of sport with his work, mental health nurse consultant Phil Cooper’s State of Mind charity hosts presentations at rugby club training sessions to talk about depression, anxiety, suicide and alcohol and drug misuse
The tragic death of a professional rugby league player inspired mental health nurse consultant Phil Cooper to set up an innovative charity that has potentially saved dozens of men’s lives.
‘I love sport, especially rugby league,’ says Dr Cooper, who works part-time in Warrington at North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust in dual diagnosis of mental health
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests