Child refugees: how nurses should assess their needs
In addition to checking physical health, nurses should be aware of safeguarding issues for child refugees, their rights as well as organisations that can help
The war in Ukraine has led to a mass movement of refugees across Europe as millions of civilians flee the war seeking safety. The conflict has refocused attention on the needs of child refugees.
But the need has always been there, with almost 3,500 children seeking asylum in the UK in the first half of 2020, says Unicef . More than 3,700 unaccompanied children under the age of 18
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests