This award recognises individual nurses or teams who work in community, primary care and public health roles. Whether you work in a health centre, general practice, school or in patients' homes, we want to hear about your innovations and excellent practice.
Who can enter?
Entries are accepted from nurses nominating themselves or their own teams or can be submitted on behalf of another nurse or nursing team. Non-nursing colleagues such as managers or consultants may also nominate their nursing colleagues for this award. Entrants do not need to be a member of the RCN.
How to enter:
Entries must be submitted online via the ‘enter’ button. We recommend nominators write the body of their entry in a separate document first, then copy and paste it into the entry form, to avoid the risk of submissions being lost.
Once you begin creating your entry, you will be unable to change the category you have chosen to enter. If you want to change category, you will need to delete your original entry in the dashboard and then create a new entry.
What your entry must include
Please give your entry a title. Examples from previous years include ‘Hospital@Home team’ and ‘Young carers’ project’
Describe the key aims of the initiative or project. What were the reasons behind it and how was it implemented?
Clearly explain the role you/the nominee had in leading the initiative and its implementation.
Team or individual nominee?
Please list the full name, job title and workplace of the nominee.
If the nominee is a team (either your own or another team), please check carefully and list the full name, job title and workplace of each team member, and describe how each one has contributed to the entry.
Explain the challenges in implementing the initiative and how they were overcome.
Describe how the initiative has improved patient experience, health outcomes and nursing practice.
Sharing best practice
Does the nominee have plans to disseminate their initiative or share their innovation?
You can also add up to three supporting files
- Acceptable file formats are .doc, .docx, .pdf, .jpg, .png
- You can include case studies, evaluation reports, images, graphs – any information that will support your submission.
- The maximum file size in total is 6MB (2MB per file)
- How creative/innovative is the initiative? How much has the project contributed to nursing knowledge?
- How instrumental was the nominee in setting up and leading the initiative?
- Consider the level of obstacles the nominee overcame to get the initiative up and running.
- Consider the impact the initiative has had on patient experience, health outcomes and nursing practice.
- What level of evaluation has been undertaken/is planned?
- To what extent has the nominee disseminated their initiative?
- To what extent does the nominee stand out as a nurse leader and ambassador for the profession?
Support with your entry
Watch the free webinars from 2021 for guidance with entry nomination.