My research seeks to improve cancer care and empower nurses
Emma Williams’ research into CAR-T therapy for people with relapsed and refractory diffuse large B cell lymphoma hopes to improve care and empower nurses
No one could have prepared nurses for the widespread destruction that COVID-19 would have on our health organisations with our whole way of working literally changing overnight.
Staff were redeployed to intensive care, medical wards and vaccine centres. Clinical trials were put on hold across most organisations while staff continued to do what they could despite never having dealt with such a situation before.
Trial visits changed from face-to-face to virtual follow-up and dialogue took place with study sponsors to ensure safe and efficient delivery of medicinal
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests