What is a digital nurse specialist – and could the role suit you?
Implementing digital health technologies is about change management, improving systems and prioritising patient safety – and you’ll need superb communication skills
When my trust began implementing an electronic patient record (EPR) system six years ago, it was looking for staff to clinically assure the new system and processes being designed for clinicians.
I was interested and, with 15 years of health visiting and safeguarding experience, I felt confident that I knew about clinical risk management, so I applied. But as I knew little about health technology, I was surprised when I was offered a role with the digital clinical safety team.
What is a digital nurse specialist?
Initially digital clinical safety facilitator, my job title was changed to digital
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests