Type 1 diabetes in children: how effective is using a smartphone app?
A study examined the efficacy of an app aimed at helping children and young people with type 1 diabetes to calculate bolus insulin doses. Heather Rostron takes a look at its findings
Chatzakis C, Floros D, Papagianni M et al (2019) The beneficial effect of the mobile application Euglyca in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. 21, 11, 627-634. doi.org/10.1089/dia.2019.0170
To evaluate the efficacy of the Euglyca mobile app on patients’ glycaemic control and satisfaction.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests