Race to the finishing line is on
Third year children’s nursing student, Chris Steele discusses his hopes and fears for final year
I suppose this is a bit of a pep talk to myself, but I hope it inspires others in the same position to just take a step back, reflect, and get some perspective on to how they might be feeling right now.
Entering the final year of my nursing degree is somewhat daunting. I find myself often pondering about how quickly time has passed and questioning my readiness for what lies ahead. Of course, with final year beginning, there will be greater expectations leading to more pressure and the realisation that job applications are just a stone's throw away.
I reassure myself by remembering everything that has shaped me to be the nursing student I am today and using this to my advantage....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests