Head of nursing at a neurological rehabilitation specialist service provider
Developing leadership skills has always been a priority for Sue Houston as she has occupied senior roles from early in her career
What is your job?
I am the head of nursing at Christchurch Group. We provide clinically led neurorehabilitation services at eight sites across England to improve the function, reduce symptoms and enhance the well-being of patients with acquired brain injury, spinal injury and other neurological conditions.
What are your main responsibilities?
I am primarily responsible for clinical governance and the coordination and supervision of evidence-based nursing and best practice across the group.
I also oversee care pathways to ensure that patients’ rehabilitation potential is maximised, with the ultimate goal being to discharge them home.
Other duties include ensuring that nurses’ requirements are met and that registered practitioners assess, plan and implement care of patients in accordance...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests