Oncology nurse consultant: what I learned about breaking bad news
A day in the life of an oncology nurse consultant, their leadership and clinical responsibilities, plus how services are bringing specialist cancer care closer to home
As a consultant nurse at one of the UK’s leading cancer centres, I am responsible for assessing, diagnosing, treating and prescribing for colorectal cancer patients.
The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre’s colorectal oncology service covers the whole of Cheshire and Merseyside. It is part of a trust that provides specialist cancer care via centres in Liverpool, Wirral and Aintree, as well as a treatment at home service and chemotherapy clinics in district general hospitals across Cheshire and Merseyside, enabling our patients to access a range of specialist services closer to home.
What does the oncology consultant nurse
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests