Small changes can make a big difference
When organisations are stretched to the limit, it may seem as if nothing you do could possibly make a difference. But focusing on the areas that you are able to influence can be empowering
Often use of the term ‘practice’ can be limited to clinical situations. However, as there are so many dimensions to your role (organiser, leader, mentor, to name but a few) it can be useful to reflect on what you can do, in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council code, to improve the wider aspects of your practice.
For example, you have a duty to promote professionalism and trust, as well as to work in a cooperative way. No doubt you are familiar with these values in your immediate area of work, but how can you extend them throughout your organisation?
Change starts somewhere
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests