Practice-related feedback: surprise award taught me about showing appreciation
A glowing nomination for an award gave Jaime Hyde-Wyatt new confidence in her practice as a critical care outreach sister, and reminded her of the importance of showing appreciation to others
As a critical care outreach clinical nurse specialist, I dip in and out of people’s lives, usually during highly stressful events. These critical moments when patients are seriously ill and sometimes deteriorating are difficult for patients, their families and the staff involved.
It is a privilege to be able to help during these times but the work carried out by the team often goes unnoticed, or so it seems. So it was a surprise, and a huge honour, for me to be nominated for a local award at Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests