Nursing student dissertation: why do it and how to manage it
Advice on doing a dissertation as part of your nursing degree, including how it can improve your practice and how to choose your subject and plan writing time
For many nursing students, doing a dissertation is the honours part of their degree, says University of Northampton senior admissions tutor for adult nursing Win Hughes.
‘It is a big piece of work, with all sorts of skills involved,’ says Ms Hughes, whose role involves supervising students doing dissertations.
Do nursing students have to do a dissertation?
Although you can gain a degree without a dissertation, you cannot gain an honours degree without undertaking this piece of work.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests