What is an e-PAD – and how are they used in clinical placements?
Nursing students’ practice assessment documents have shifted from paper to electronic. We look at the benefits, challenges and how to get the most out of them
Electronic practice assessment documents – or e-PADs – replace the paper practice assessment document (PAD) for nursing students.
They provide a comprehensive electronic record of learning activities, including feedback, practical skills development and your achievement of the standards required by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) to enter the register.
How widely used are e-PADs – and how do students get on with them?
In a survey of nursing students carried out on Twitter in March 2022 by online community @westudentsnurses, the majority of respondents said they
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests