Admiral Nurses: what do these varied roles involve?
The education and experience you need, and the salary level, CPD and clinical leadership opportunities you can expect
What is an Admiral Nurse?
Admiral Nurses are specialist dementia nurses supported and developed by charity Dementia UK. They aim to provide life-changing support for families affected by all kinds of dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease.
‘Our nurses are here when people need help,’ says Dementia UK. ‘They have the time to listen and the knowledge to solve problems. Admiral Nurses help people living with dementia to stay independent for longer – and support the people caring for them so that they will have the strength to cope with the bad days, and the energy to enjoy the good days.’
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests