Remote physical assessments: optimising patient care via video
Video consultations for patients with physical conditions can enhance the care experience and be useful to nurses – if everyone has the right digital tech and skills
- Use of video conferencing for patient consultations accelerated during the pandemic
- Patients and nurses may be resistant to this new way of working but the potential advantages are numerous
- Online resources such as a new toolkit can help healthcare professionals and patients to interact more effectively when they are not face to face
Video consultations became essential in the COVID-19 pandemic – and have now become the norm in many parts of the NHS.
As more services open up for face-to-face appointments, many services in
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests