Courage to lead: how any nurse can create real change
No matter what stage you are at in your nursing career, if you have the desire to create change, you can, says nurse Sam Tyrer, who did just that
When I found out that one of my patients who had been discharged from hospital had decided to end their life, I remember my feelings well. Simply put, I was distraught.
Unfortunately, this was not the first time this had happened, either.
Over a period of four months, approximately three patients a week were being admitted to the gastroenterology ward where I worked because of an attempted suicide.
‘I decided that if I cared so deeply about tackling the level of attempted suicides in the area, why couldn’t I do something? Why couldn’t I
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests