Cervical cancer and screening: advice for nurses
Updated RCN guidance on cervical cancer covers vaccination recommendations and screening
Molecular model of human papillomavirus Picture: iStock
Cervical cancer is one of the leading causes of death of women worldwide. In the UK it accounts for 2% of all new cancer cases in women.
Thanks to a combination of cervical screening and the vaccine programme for the human papillomavirus (HPV), it is becoming a generally preventable disease.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests