Why the nurse-patient relationship is key in mental healthcare
Connections made between nurses and young mental health patients are often overlooked, but a trusting and therapeutic relationship is a core part of treatment
- Relationships between nursing staff and young mental health patients are vital to trust and treatment
- It takes both sides to put effort into building a relationship, but the onus is on nurses to take the lead
- Informal conversations in casual settings and a bit of humour are effective in breaking down barriers and gaining trust
The importance of the relationship between young mental health patients and the nurses looking after them is being overlooked, according to new research.
The connection between nurses and patients –
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests