Book review: Public Health Ethics (Second edition)
Public Health Ethics (Second edition)
£17.99 | 288pp
This book is presented in two parts and systematically works through key issues relating to ethical issues in public health.
Part one focuses on moral and political philosophy and how these inform public health ethics. The theories driving consequentialism, non-consequentialism, liberal, political philosophy and beyond traditional liberalism expose the maze of arguments that can be called upon to consider the ethics of public health.
A core debate is how much public health interventions do or should affect personal freedom and the impact on the common good. Each chapter finishes with a useful summary of key points.
Part two draws on a range of case studies to demonstrate the practical application of the issues exposed in part one. Attention is given to...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests