By innovating service improvements you’re transforming your career as well as patient care
When nurses embrace opportunities to optimise patient pathways, their own professional development benefits
As a nurse consultant in urology at United Lincolnshire Hospitals (UHL) NHS Trust, service development and improvement is a fundamental part of my role.
My aim is to provide a high-quality service to our patients, ensuring any initiatives that could improve our pathways are considered, developed and, where viable, applied.
After taking up my post in 2015, I was heavily involved in the development of our emergency urology and local cancer guidelines. I oversee the professional development of our urology team too, especially that of nurses.
- RELATED : How to inspire and innovate at work
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests