Paid internship: a chance to explore nursing career options
How a year’s internship at university helped a nursing student weigh up her career pathways and find out how to combine clinical practice, teaching and research
Towards the end of my second year as an adult nursing student at the University of Nottingham, I was unsure what I wanted to do when I graduated.
The final year of my course was approaching fast, but I had no idea what direction to take – with so many avenues available it can be hard to know what type of nurse you want to be and what area to work in.
Questions to consider on your future
Do you dive straight into clinical practice, venture into research or explore a teaching route?
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests