Online repeat prescriptions: advice on how to order for care home residents
Information on setting up secure proxy access for care home staff to help reduce prescription errors and enhance patient safety
Since 2005, patients have been able to use online services for booking appointments, ordering repeat prescriptions and viewing information held about them by their GP practice in their patient record.
Alongside increasing choice and convenience for patients, this has also helped enhance quality of care, says NHS England. Proxy access, with an individual login and password, allows someone other than the patient to access and manage parts of their GP online services account.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests