We should be building people up, not knocking them down
Former RCNi nursing student of the year Zoe Butler explains how she is using her new role as a university lecturer to inspire students
Former RCNi nursing student of the year Zoe Butler has landed a new post, becoming what many believe is the country’s youngest university lecturer.
‘The expectations are quite scary and some people have said I’m a bit young,’ says Ms Butler, who is 22 and qualified as a nurse in summer 2017. ‘But there’s a benefit to that too. With the younger students, it’s almost saying, “if I can do it, you can too”. It inspires them to go forwards.’
As a lecturer in assistant practitioners in health and social care at Cumbria University –...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests