How an extrovert non-verbal service user taught me to communicate
Learning disability nurse Gerard Wainwright recalls how socially accomplished service user Michael Ludlam taught him valuable lessons in communication
It is said that every picture tells a story. I suggest that sometimes we need to read between the lines of that story.
My local university recently asked me for permission to use a photograph taken some years earlier of me supporting a client with a learning disability – the late Michael Ludlam. The image was to promote its postgraduate master’s degree programme in learning disability nursing.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests