Learning disability nurse shortages: Now is the time to act on the evidence
The RCNi Nurse Awards underline the great work done by learning disability nurses, but staff shortages are critical
The learning disability (LD) sector has faced tough criticism but it shows the true calibre of a profession when it can look at itself and ask where do we go from here? This is what happened at an event attended by more than 100 LD nurses at London South Bank University.
The aim of the event was to produce a strategy for how LD nurses can respond to the criticism of poor care, the most high profile of which in one week in May was the BBC undercover documentary revealing poor care at Whorlton Hall hospital in County Durham....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests