Children and young people’s care pathway lead and matron
RCNi award-winning team leader Rebekah Bewsey: 'I don’t think I chose nursing; it chose me'
What is your job?
I am currently the service manager and matron for Brookside Adolescent Unit, part of North East London NHS Foundation Trust. The service comprises a 15-bed general acute inpatient unit, a young people’s home treatment team offering hospital treatment at home and Interact, our crisis service.
What are your main responsibilities?
My role is to give assurance of the effective clinical and operational running of Brookside and to ensure we deliver safe and effective, evidence-based care to young people with mental health difficulties. I manage a team of about 70 staff over the three services and oversee all aspects of clinical governance, finance and performance.
Why did you become a nurse?
I have always...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests