Care homes: could nurses in advanced clinical practitioner roles be key to change?
What good care could look like as care home nursing evolves and nurses are supported to take on advanced roles
- British Geriatrics Society calls for care home nurses to be supported and developed to take up advanced clinical practitioner roles
- Despite specialist expertise in nursing older people, care home nurses are often seen as lacking acute skills by those in other fields of nursing
- More needs to be done to provide better career opportunities and education in care homes
The pandemic has shone an unprecedented light on nursing in care homes.
Sometimes called the ‘other front line’, nurses have had to deliver complex care to residents while endeavouring to
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests